In today’s business climate, it is crucial to understand how digital transformation can help your company. The first question you need to ask yourself is “who should benefit from digital transformation?”
Digital transformation is one way to gain an advantage over the competition. It is very important that you know how digital transformation can help your company. Understanding what digital transformation is can also be a good start for your research into how it can help you.
Who should benefit from digital transformation?
There are many people who will benefit from digital transformation. Digital transformation is all about the business. This means that if the company has been in business for a long time, you may want to consider a digital transformation project as a way of moving your company into the future with new technology and ideas.
Digital transformation activities
A lot of companies do not really know what to do to transform their businesses into something new or different. That’s why it’s important for first understanding what digital transformation activities are.
- Business analysis : This is where the customer and user needs are assessed against the organization’s goals, providing input on what must be accomplished to satisfy those needs digitally
- Contextual design: Designing an interface based on the needs of users within a specific environment
The way you interact with your business digitally is very different from how you would do it in person. That’s why designing for the context that someone will be using your website or app can make all the difference
Tips for using digital transformation
- Create a digital transformation team.
- Find the right partners.
- Evaluate and refine your digital transformation process.
- Map your business process to technology capability gaps.
- Know what success looks like for you and evaluate on that basis.
- Protect data, even if it is in transit or at rest with encryption standards set up by NIST 800-132A (Federal Information Processing Standards Publication) – Commercial National Security Algorithm Validation Program). Make sure company policies are compliant with all state regulations such as HIPAA or PCI DSS standards. Keep sensitive information encrypted from end-to-end and when stored securely offline do not share it without permission of those who own the data.
- The technology enables the business transformation process but it does not automate the human element of change management. To be successful, HR should commit to a new role as “chief of people” and work closely with IT during every phase of digital transformation.
- Solve for systems integration issues now by leveraging open source code if possible or buy from trusted vendors that have already solved many integration challenges themselves such as Oracle Corporation’s Project Concordia). It is also important to consider intellectual property risks when designing any system integrations – before bringing in resources outside your organization. This will help you avoid ownership disputes later on down the line (if there are disagreements over who owns original content) which can lead to costly lawsuits.
- Consider the human side of digital transformation when considering which projects to prioritize.
- Assign metrics and goals for your team – Digital Transformation is an iterative process not a linear project, so it’s important to have milestones throughout the process that can be measured in order for you or others to track progress.
- Use a digital transformation strategy map to track the progress of all initiatives within the business by assigning each initiative with its own set of metrics, goals, milestones, timelines for completion and responsible party(s). The goal is to make sure that you are in control of this revolutionary change happening around us.
- Today, more than ever before, you must invest in your workforce through professional development and training along with the latest technology.
- When considering digital transformation it is important to consider not only what’s happening today but also how could this change tomorrow. For example, just because a company doesn’t have an AI strategy on day one does not mean they will be left behind as these technologies become increasingly pervasive throughout society – so start planning for that now.
- Consider future integrations of emerging tech like AR/VR or IoT into the mix when designing new products or services from scratch (or updating existing ones), If you can envision a scenario where value would come from integrating other emerging technologies